Friday 25 January 2013

Giving And Receiving

     
 Everyone has a Gift to Give no matter how small

A gift from Nature to me
I believe giving is the gift and it does not matter whether you are poor or rich. I noticed that when I was waiting on the pavement for my husband who went in the shops while looking after our sleeping son. I saw this woman who was selling sweets and cigarettes on the pavement with an infant boy. Looking at them I could sense that they were hungry and the boy was breastfeeding on his mother. While looking at this, a guy selling mangos pass by and I could see they knew each other. She bought one mango and asked the guy to cut it in half, she took the unpeeled half and she ate it. She asks the guy to cut and peel the other half into two pieces and she gave one to her son. I was amazed when one guy appeared I do not know where and looked like they really knew each other and she gave him the other piece of mango without even complaining. I sat there thinking “phew” this woman is a giver not just a giver but with love. I imagined if it was me in this situation I was going to come up with all sorts of excuses such as “I am breastfeeding therefore I must be full to feed my child and by the way this mango is not enough blah-blah-blah” depending on how much you are begging me, and choose the smallest piece and give you while mumbling. How many of us who do not use the opportunity to give when it avails itself? Out of this encounter I have learnt that actually anyone has an ability to give, is really up to you to use it. What a nice feeling when you give out of passion, when giving is part of you and just follow your heart that as much as I enjoy receiving a gift the other person does too. The devil has filled our hearts with things such as “they do not want to work, they want to live on hand-outs and so on and so forth” while stealing our blessings from giving, right in front of us. I am just going to follow what God tells me to do with the situation at hand and if it’s time to give I am going to just reach for my pocket, basket, heart, mind and give. Here is the article for reads that I think is great about GIVING. http://powertochange.com/experience/family/giftofgiving/

No comments:

Post a Comment