Monday 18 February 2013

The feel good drug of choice

The feel good drug of choice












The thought of waking up early in the morning paralyses me. I think I am not an early person because I cannot even talk and I like to use my early morning sign language. The thought of having the feel good drug strike my mind, the feeling of even taking it makes me feel like phew. I beg myself and suddenly get out of bed, brush my teeth, splash some cold water on my face and put on my jogging gear, yes my jogging gear. The moment I do that there is no turning back, not even the weather can stop me. Why? I am just tired of being fat, demotivated and feeling sorry for myself and sometimes hypnotise people to feeling sorry for me by saying “I have been a chubby child all my childhood”, ok, then does that mean I have to be unfit as well, No! My aim is not to be super skinny but to be able to do the physical things that people of my age can do. My weakness is the love for nice food, and I tend to eat like as if there is no tomorrow hahahaa. See me eating especially meat; you will think I am in a war. I do not use any cutlery but my hands, if I am in a restaurant you will hear me bragging about being an African therefore eating with my hands. No! Its meat that’s all, just come close to me and whisper “the meat does not have legs will not run”. I am not sure if one day someone can come to me and say that what I would do, most probably will burst in laughter.

That was not a joke but now I have changed to a lady, who knows when she had enough to eat and very generous with my food so that I eat as small as possible. As I have confessed that I am meat lover, but tend to sacrifice some other things when eating the meat such as carbohydrates that came with determination to look good and feel good about my body. I have notice that the meat is filling quickly when I eat it without carbohydrates. The feel good drug for me is jogging and food but I had to choose so that I can live a healthy life style. I could not choose but instead I get a good dose of the jogging drug and then a moderate amount of all the food I like. 1Timothy 4:8, for physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. Our bodies are a temple of God, we need to take care of them just like Jesus Christ did, and he walked most of the time to where ever He went. He liked to pray on the mountain meaning he was hiking to the mountain. Healthy body with a fit mind will help us to be like Jesus in thinking and actions. A tired mind cannot think let alone acting on its thinking even praying needs, a body, a mind and the spirit that is in good “shape”.

No comments:

Post a Comment